Are you overwhelmed?
So, you are thinking about booking a safari–excellent! We think there is nothing else in the world that can compare with a journey through the wildlife areas, cultures, and rhythms of Africa. Now you just need to decide when and where you will go! Daunting? Overwhelming? Absolutely, which is why you should connect with our experts to walk you through the options. Here are some basic parameters to give you an idea of how to have the best safari anytime of year in any destination
We are going to let you in on a little secret…are you ready? No matter where you choose to spend your safari days, it’s a good choice! You seriously cannot go wrong in picking a specific country or region. Any place you choose will be life-changing. Impactful. Incredible. In our decades of curating personal trips, we have learned that different regions hold special magic. Below we paint some broad strokes to get you started on figuring out what YOU want from your safari.
● Well-known for expansive vistas of the plains in the Mara-Serengeti ecosystem of Kenya and Tanzania
● Home to large concentrations of game, including the wildebeest migration
● Outstanding birding throughout all East African nations
● Beautiful coastal areas offer barefoot bliss in Afro-Arabic crossroads
● All countries in East Africa are well-suited for overland or fly-in travel
● Associated with greater wildlife diversity and more remote locations
● Smaller concentrations of game but more ways to view due to more varied activities
● Remote places like Namibia offer intrepid travelers a challenge to spot wildlife in some truly spectacular landscapes
● Wonderful opportunities for bird watching throughout all of Southern Africa
● Typically, safaris throughout Southern Africa are fly-in due to vast distances between locations, however, some overland components are possible
Big Journeys Start With Small Steps
~ African Proverb